What is Red Spinel Gemstone?
Red spinel stone is a gem-high-quality mineral. Out of most of these sun shades, the rare ruby-like red spinel is the maximum coveted and quite sought-after. Across the world, spinels in sure sunglasses appear as superb recuperation gems while others are used for making splendid jewelry portions. This red spinel loose gemstone is also recognized as the august month birthstone.
What are the types of red spinel gemstone ?
There are various types of loose red spinel gemstones, including:
- Classic red spinel
- Raspberry red spinel
- Scarlet red spinel
- Orange-red spinel
- Purplish-red spinel
What are the properties of red spinel gemstone ?
Red Spinel Properties
Energy: Red spinel stone benefits in bringing energy and vitality to the wearer, promoting physical and mental well-being.
Emotional healing: Red spinel healing properties help in soothing emotional pain and discomfort, promoting a sense of calm and stability.
Love and relationships: Red spinel is thought to strengthen relationships and enhance love and passion.
Creativity: Red spinel faceted beads stimulates creativity and inspire new ideas.
Self-confidence: Wearing red spinel is said to boost self-confidence and empower the wearer.
Physical properties of Spinel
The mineral belongs to the class of oxides, is a mixed oxide of aluminum and magnesium. Red spinel crystal of octahedral, rarely dodecahedral shape. They can be both transparent and opaque - the light transmission ability of the stone changes when aluminum and magnesium ions in the crystal lattice are replaced by ions of other metals.
- The stone is quite hard - 7.5-8 points on the Mohs scale.
- The mineral is brittle, easily damaged when struck against a hard surface.
- The shine of glass crystals.
- Sometimes asterism and luminescence are observed.
Where does red spinel gemstone come from?
Natural red spinel gemstone is found in a variety of locations around the world, including Myanmar, Sri Lanka, Tanzania, Madagascar, Vietnam, and Afghanistan
What color is red spinel gemstone?
Loose Red spinel gemstone is a vibrant red color, ranging from a classic, pure red to shades of raspberry red, scarlet red, orange-red, and purplish-red. The exact shade of red can vary based on the lighting conditions and the presence of impurities or inclusions within the stone.
Where to buy red spinel gemstone?
You can buy red spinel gemstones from various sources, such as:
- Jewelry stores
- Online gemstone retailers
- Gem and mineral shows
- Red spinel wholesale dealers
Among enormous sources available for red spinel for sale, be sure to buy red spinel gemstone from reputable sellers to check the quality and authenticity to ensure that it is genuine stones.
At National Facets, we strive to produce the finest quality of beautiful gemstones. We offer a wide variety of premium-quality Natural Bead wholesaler Gemstones on the internet.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Are red spinels valuable?
A: The value of a red spinel beads depends on several factors, such as its color, clarity, size, and rarity. In general, red spinels with a deep, rich color can be highly prized and valuable, especially if they are untreated and of high quality.
Q: Is spinel gem expensive?
A: Spinels are quite valuable and expensive. The price per carat varies depending on the type and color of spinel. Red, cobalt blue, hot pink, and fiery orange are the most valuable colors. Faceted spinels of all kinds hold more value than many precious stones. High-quality spinels with good clarity and no visible inclusions can also command higher prices.
Q: Who can wear red spinel?
A: August birthstone spinel is quite famous among healers around the world. It's far acknowledged to encourage renewal, restoration and safety. Based at the coloration, spinels are attributed with unique recuperation properties.
Attracts wealth, prosperity & success – because historical instances, spinel is appeared as an abundance stone and become precious by using the kings and emperors. It's far stated that the benevolent energies of this spinel gemstone work in a completely unique manner to convey wealth and opportunities someone is searching for.
Red spinel is a gem-high-quality mineral. Out of most of these sun shades, the rare ruby-like red spinel is the maximum coveted and quite sought-after. Across the world, spinels in sure sunglasses appear as superb recuperation gems while others are used for making splendid jewellery portions. This gemstone is also recognised as the august month birthstone.
Q: Who Should Wear Red Spinel Gemstone?
A: Spinel is regarded as the stone of revitalization that facilitates the wearer to de-pressure and re-energize themselves from all aspects. Its recovery residences are known to have a relaxing impact on the wearer’s frame and soul. Subsequently, it's far a tremendous gemstone for those involved in long and onerous running hours.
• Western astrology recommends spinel birthstone for virgo signal.
• Defensive attraction with beauty and hardness carefully just like sapphire and ruby can also choose a herbal spinel gemstone. Red spinel can substitute for ruby in which blue spinel may be worn in region of blue sapphire.
• Spinel is also a completely long lasting gem (spinel hardness is eight on the mohs hardness scale) and is used for making attractive jewellery objects that are preferred with the aid of each males and females. You'll customize the beautiful spinel gemstone in earrings, pendants and bracelets in contemporary designs and styles in their desire.
• Further, the rare, unobtainable colour forms of spinel are tremendously coveted by way of the gem creditors and connoisseurs for series purposes.
Q: How can you tell if a red spinel is real?
- The proper way to analyze whether Spinel is real is to put it under a UV Radiation Light. Set it to long-wave and look for any stones that are particularly glowy. If the stones are glowy, that means it’s synthetic and not natural. However, the color makes the stones shine at different intensities and red Spinel will naturally glow more.
- This isn’t flawless reasoning, but it should be noted that Green is the most rare color of Spinel and is one of the most likely to be synthetic. Green and blue in particular are popular choices for people to create fakes of, so make sure you’re going through a reputable dealer if you choose either of those colors.
- For those that don’t have access to UV Radiation machinery, you can put the stone under magnification. It has to be extremely high magnification and you have to examine very closely, but if you look close enough you might be able to see “gas bubbles”.
Q: What is the rarest color of spinel?
A: Spinel is available in a variety of colors and grades. From red, to pink, orange, and even yellow, you can find almost every shade in this gemstone. However, it is rare to find a blue spinel. The rich cobalt blue hues of the gemstone make it a very desired gem, which a higher value and demand on the market than any other spinel. Other rare colors of spinel include pink, purple, and orange.
Q: What is the Black Prince Ruby?
A: The Black Prince's Ruby is one of the most famous members of the British Crown jewels, but despite its name, the stone is not a ruby. The Black Prince's Ruby is actually a deep red un-faceted spinel. The Black Prince's Ruby was believed to have been mined in the 14th century somewhere from present-day Tajikistan, which was then known as Badakshan. The stone belonged to Prince Abu Sa'id of the Moorish Kingdom of Granada.
Q: What is the difference between ruby and red spinel?
A: A fine quality spinel & Ruby look almost alike. It is only when you go deep beneath the gemological characterstics that you realise how different they really are.
Someone has very famously spoken of Spinel as a very good candidate for the title of ‘History’s most underappreciated Gem.” Most of the fine & large crystals of spinel mined in southeast Asia were initially called Balas rubies.
Spinel has long been considered just a semi-precious gem. But not until recently, has it acquired a special status but value too. Increasing demand for ruby alternatives have rekindled the demand for fine, rich red color spinels.
Just like rubies, spinel comes in a range of shades from light pink through purplish red to deep red- the most sought after color. Its a singly refractive gem just like diamond.
I would say it is extremely difficult for a novice or even an inexperienced jeweller/gem